We welcome all visitors to Sugar Creek Glen Campground and consider our guests as members of our extended family. Following are our rules designed to ensure that all visitors have a quiet, pleasant and relaxing camping experience.
First and Foremost- No Grumpy faces allowed on the campground!
Second- Relax, enjoy and have a good time!!
- Minimum age for site rental – 21
- Full payment is required when reserving a site. Holiday Weekends require a three night minimum reservation and are not refundable. During the months of July and August all weekend reservations are a two night minimum.
- Site occupancy is limited to a family of 5 people (2 adults and 3 children, up to 18 years old), or 4 adults; one camping unit and one car at any given time.
- Site fee includes two adults. See Rates page for Additional Person costs.
- Check in time is between 3:00 – 8:00pm. Check out time is 1:00pm. Earlier check-in / later check-out can be coordinated in advance, with a charge of $2 per hour.
- All campers, visitors, guests and pets must register at the office and pay a fee upon arrival and prior to entering the campground. Overnight guests need to register at the office by 6:00pm, day visitors need to depart by 11:00pm.
- All visitors are to park their vehicles in the Visitor Parking area.
- Cancellations: A full refund is given, less a $10.00 cancellation fee, or full credit for future camping for the same season, when cancellations are made earlier than 10 days before scheduled arrival. For cancellations 10 days or less prior to the scheduled arrival, no refund will be given.
- Camping is an outdoor activity; therefore, we do not give refunds due to discomforts of nature or premature departure on your part.
- Speed limit in all areas of the campground, at all times is 5 MPH.
- Golf carts, 4 wheelers, dirt bikes, and ATV’s are NOT allowed on campground property.
- Use of generators is prohibited in the campground.
- Obscene / Foul acts or language and disorderly conduct will NOT be tolerated.
- Each campsite is allotted one fire ring and one picnic table, which should not be moved between sites. Keep your campsite and the campground clean and orderly, and dispose of trash in the dumpsters and recycling bins accordingly. Please return your campsite in the same condition it was received.
- Dumpsters will be locked from 9:00pm to 8:00am to prevent animal intrusion.
- Fireworks and Explosives are not allowed in the campground under any circumstances. Firearms are allowed on campground, compliant to NYS law.
- Quiet Hours: 11:00pm – 8:00am. Please refrain from excessive noise during this time.
- Playground closes at dark for all ages. Hiking on trails or in the creeks is permitted only during daylight hours. Rec hall will be locked from 10:00pm to 9:00am.
- All children under age 18 must be on their site and under adult supervision from 10:00pm until 8:00am.
- All children 14 years of age and under must abide by NY State law and wear a bike helmet when riding.
- Our water is supplied by a well, please use it wisely. Washing of vehicles / campers is not allowed.
- Campfires are not to be left unattended and must be extinguished nightly.
- Parents are responsible for their childrens’ behavior and safety at all times. Children under 5 years of age must have adult supervision at all times.
- Sugar Creek Glen Campground and its employees are not responsible to campers, guests or others during their visit for personal injury, property damage, or loss of any kind, nor damage caused by fire, wind, water, accidents, vandalism, lightning strikes, etc.
- Camping is an outdoor activity, therefore, we do not give refunds due to discomforts of nature or premature departure on your part.
- Registered camper is responsible for the actions or any damages caused by him/her, children or guests.
- Management reserves the right to evict, without prior notice, any person failing to observe any posted or agreed to policies, creates a disturbance or nuisance, is involved in destructive acts in the campground, or is, in any other manner, inconsiderate of other persons or property, and no fees will be refunded.
- Campground common areas are covered by CCTV.
- Keep contained inside your site’s metal fire ring, keep below knee height and never leave unattended.
- Do not dispose of trash in campfires.
- Firewood for your use is sold in the store. Please help us maintain our natural woods by preventing any damage to the trees. A State regulation is in effect that prohibits the import of firewood into New York unless it has been heat treated to kill pests. The regulation also limits the transportation of untreated firewood to less than 50 miles from its source. For detailed info visit: http://www.dec.ny.gov/animals/28722.html
- Always use septic chemicals in your toilets and holding tanks and avoid disposing of any wipes, paper towels or other sanitary items into your holding tanks. Holding tanks should be emptied at the dump station prior to departure, or with our “honey wagon” service, available for an additional charge.
Restrooms / Bathhouse
- We take pride in the cleanliness of our facilities and we would appreciate your help in maintaining them.
- To avoid accidents and injuries, an adult should accompany children under the age of 6 years old to the restroom/bathhouse.
- Hot Showers ($). Directions are posted near the meters.
- Guests are invited to enjoy swimming and wading in our beautiful creeks and near the waterfalls.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult while swimming/wading.
- Diving and jumping into the streams are not allowed.
- All water activities are limited to daylight hours and are at your own risk.
- Please enjoy fishing in our wonderful trout streams!
Theft & Loss
It is your responsibility to maintain insurance on your camper and equipment. Management is not responsible for theft or loss of any kind, nor damage caused by fire, wind, water, accidents, vandalism, lighting strikes, etc.
Damaging or Destroying Camp Property
We reserve the right to bill anyone for destruction of campground property caused by any member of their family, visitors or their dogs. Please notify the office if any campground equipment is broken or not working properly.